- Model NO.: CPS0007
- Certification: GMP
- Type: Chemical Reagent
- Volatile: Not Volatile
- Drug Category: Anti-Drug and Anti-Amoebiasis Trichomoniasis Medic
- Chemical Name: 2-Methyl-5-Nitro-Imidazol-1-Ethanol
- Formula: C6h9n3o3
- Function: Antibiotic and Antimicrobial Agents, Specialist Drugs
- Grade Standard: Medicine Grade
- State: Capsule
- Product: Metronidazole Capsule
- Storage: Shading, Sealed and Stored
- CAS No.: 443-48-1
- Molecular Weight: 171.16
Anti-drug and anti-amoebiasis trichomoniasis medicine
shading, sealed and stored.
For a variety of anaerobic infections, such as sepsis, endocarditis, empyema, lung abscess, intra-abdominal infections, pelvic infections, gynecological infections, bone and joint infections, meningitis, brain abscess, skin and soft tissue infections, Clostridium difficile antibiotic-associated colitis caused by Helicobacter pylori gastritis or peptic ulcer, periodontal infection and Gardner vaginitis. But also as a certain contamination or possible contamination of surgical prophylaxis, such as elective colorectal surgery. Also for the treatment of intestinal and intestinal amoebiasis (such as amoebic liver abscess, pleural amebiasis, etc.), vaginal trichomoniasis, balantidiosis, cutaneous leishmaniasis, dracunculiasis , giardiasis and so on.
The usual dose for adults:
1. anaerobic infections: a 0.5g, 3 times a day for 7 days or longer. One day shall not exceed the maximum dose of 4g.
2. intestinal infections: a 0.5g, 3 times a day.
3. antibiotic-associated colitis: a 0.5g, day 3 to 4 times.
4. Helicobacter pylori gastritis and peptic ulcer: a 0.5g, three times a day in combination with other antibiotics, treatment 7 to 14 days.
5. protozoal infections:
(1) intestinal amebiasis: a 0.4 ~ 0.6g, 3 times a day for 7 days.
(2) extraintestinal amebiasis: a 0.6 ~ 0.8g, 3 times a day, 20-day course of treatment.
(3) giardiasis: a 0.4g, 3 times a day, treatment 5 to 10 days.
(4) dracunculiasis: a 0.2g, 7-day course of treatment.
(5) balantidiosis: a 0.2g, 2 times a day for 5 days.
(6) cutaneous leishmaniasis: a 0.2g, 4 times a day, 10 days a course of treatment, a course of treatment repeated at intervals of 10 days.
(7) trichomoniasis: a 0.2g, 4 times a day for 7 days; at the same time suppository, 0.5g night into the vagina, once every 7 to 10 days.
Pediatric usual dose
1. anaerobic infections: day body weight 20 ~ 50mg / kg orally.
2. amebiasis: day body weight 35 ~ 50mg / kg, 3 times orally for 10 days.
3. trichomoniasis, balantidiosis, dracunculiasis, giardiasis: day according to the weight 15 ~ 25mg / kg, 3 times orally for 10 days.
1. This product is the most serious adverse reactions to high doses can cause seizures and peripheral neuropathy, the latter mainly as limb numbness and paresthesias. Can produce continuous peripheral neuropathy in some cases long-term medication.
2. Other common adverse reactions are:
(1) gastrointestinal reactions, such as nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, altered taste, dry mouth, mouth metallic taste.
(2) reversible neutropenia.
(3) allergic reactions, skin rashes, hives, itching.
(4) The central nervous system symptoms, such as headache, dizziness, syncope, paresthesia, numbness, ataxia and insanity and so on.
(5) Other fever, vaginal candidiasis, cystitis, dysuria, urine color such as black, are reversible after discontinuation of their own recovery.
right of the goods or azoles for allergy sufferers and active central nervous disorders and blood diseases were banned.
1. carcinogenic, mutagenic effects: animal tests or in vitro determination found that this product is a carcinogenic, mutagenic effects, but the body has not yet been confirmed.
Central nervous system adverse events 2. use, should be promptly discontinued.
3. The product can interfere with alanine aminotransferase, lactate dehydrogenase, triglyceride, hexose kinase of the test results, so that the measured value to zero.
4. During the medication should not drink alcoholic beverages because they can cause in vivo accumulation of acetaldehyde, alcohol interfere with the oxidation process, resulting in disulfiram-like reaction, can occur in patients abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, facial flushing and so on.
5. Liver dysfunction of this product slow down the metabolism of drugs and their metabolites easily accumulate in the body, it should be reducing the use, and for blood concentration monitoring.
6. It can be used since the gastric juice continued to clear, tube placement for the attract some pressure, could cause the plasma concentration decreased. Hemodialysis, this product and its metabolites are rapidly cleared, so the FDA should be without reduction.
7. Candida infection should the FDA, the symptoms will increase, while the need for antifungal therapy.
8. Anaerobic infections and renal failure, the dosing interval should be 8 hours extended to 12 hours.
9. treatment of vaginal trichomoniasis, to simultaneously treat their sexual partners.
10. Repeat a course before, white blood cell count should be done.
1. Pregnant women and lactating women use: It can be used through the placenta into the fetal circulation rapidly. Animal studies found that intraperitoneal administration of fetal toxic, and non-toxic oral administration. The impact of the product on the fetus is no adequate and strict control observation, so pregnant women, disabled. Metronidazole similar concentrations in milk and blood. Animal trials have shown carcinogenic effects of metronidazole on rats, so breastfeeding women should not use. If you need medication, should be suspended for breast-feeding, and before re-feeding in 24 to 48 hours after the end of treatment.
2. children medication: children should be used with caution and reducing the use.
3. elderly patients: the elderly due to liver dysfunction, pharmacokinetics when the FDA should change, the need to monitor the plasma concentration.
Any further questions of it,Please kindly contact us.
Thanks with regards!